The Student News Site of Cape Coral High School

Kids for Wish Kids

Kids For Wish Kids is a club that supports the local Make A Wish foundation. The Make A Wish foundation is an international organization that supports children with critical illnesses and grants them a wish. 

In order to help children complete their wish, students involved in the club fundraise to support the local Make a Wish Kids in Southwest Florida.

“A week to a day, whatever it is to forget about their illness. Their families get to be involved so they have a carefree experience,” sponsor of the club,  Jamie Ayres stated.  

One of the upcoming fundraisers is the walk for wishes. It is a nationwide fundraiser for the Make a Wish foundation. On October second, students can volunteer to help keep the walk organized. 

While the walk for wishes is a fundraiser directly made by the Make a Wish foundation, the club has their own fundraisers as well.

“Right now we are trying to do our own Culvers Night and at the end of this year the officers want to put on a 5k at Cape High to raise money,” Ayres stated.

Wishes typically cost about $6,000 and one of the goals for the club is to complete a child’s wish. 

For those interested, Kids for Wish Kids meet every third Friday of the month after school in room 217.

The Seahawk's Eye • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Donate to The Seahawk's Eye
$50
$500
Contributed
Our Goal

Comments (0)

All The Seahawk's Eye Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *