The Student News Site of Cape Coral High School

The Seahawk's Eye

The Seahawk's Eye

The Seahawk's Eye

Class of 2025 President to run a successful prom

Adrian Ruiz

Cape Coral High School Junior Adriana Jenkins is leading the class of 2025 as an excellent role-model of what a well-rounded student should be. Her position as class president has allowed her to properly display her skills of balance and time management. 

Since her freshman year, Jenkins has been set on growing as a student, which includes her role in students government. “I started as a class representative, then last year I was vice president. I moved up to president this year,” stated Jenkins.

Though she faced some challenges on her journey to class president, she persevered through, not letting anyone stop her from reaching her goals. “I had a couple competitors,” stated Jenkins. “I campaigned through social media and through posters around the school.”

Good class presidents must meet strong qualifications personality wise. These include being a strong leader, inspiring those around you, and being more than capable to make big decisions. Jenkins was able to embody all of these qualities.

“She’s very flexible, she’s always been able to hold us together and keep things organized,” stated fundraising director and junior Kiera Williams. “She has really good ideas and she really just keeps the group together. She’s our rock.”

Jenkins was a clear fit for class president, and that began to show more and more overtime. Outreach director and junior Blake Tran stated, “She inspires us in ways such as like to get stuff done to be honest. She keeps us more motivated to get things done.”

“I think she inspires us to get creative. She wants us to have a drive as a group to plan accordingly and make everything as nice as possible.” stated Williams.

Now holding a higher position, Jenkins has had to face some challenges, one of them being satisfying the entire junior class when it comes to prom. “I mean, a lot of people want different things, but overall, we’re trying to give everyone like a mix of their ideas,” explained Jenkins. 

As a student in such an important position, considering the perspectives of nearly 450 students is a hard job, yet vital to being a good president. Consideration of student input is usually fulfilled by the diverse makeup of the student government association’s (SGA) or through google forms in the class of 2025 google classroom. 

Student input is especially important for the big day students look forward to every year: prom.

One of the many responsibilities the junior class president has is putting on prom, and this year it’s no different. “Right now I’m putting on prom and fundraising a little bit more,” stated Jenkins. “I’m thinking ahead for next year a little bit, [but] really we’re focusing on prom right now.”

As of now, the process of putting on prom seems to be going smoothly under Jenkin’s leadership. “We have a lot of things going on and I think she’s held very sturdy as we’ve worked through everything. Right now we’re working on getting decorations and there’s a lot of good ideas going on,” stated Williams. “She’s doing a good job of making sure everybody’s voice is heard and we all get the things we want out of this prom.” 

This year, Jenkins took a different approach to the location of prom, selecting a venue that was both inside and outside. This wins over a nice majority of students, given the student body is very split on whether prom should be held outdoors or not.

With the support of her officers, Jenkins has prom on track to be one to remember. Tran explained, “We’re getting things together, we’re becoming more organized and now we just got to follow through with it.”

Along with managing prom as class president, Jenkins also carries a multitude of responsibilities. Not only is she an IB student, but she also balances two jobs and plays softball outside of school. Jenkins’ biggest key to handling the heavy load of extracurriculars is time management. 

Jenkin’s skills know no bounds, as her leadership expands out of school and into her work. She has already moved up into a management position at 3 Pepper, only further proving her capabilities as a leader. 

Though she has a big impact on her officers and leading them to success, Jenkins also inspires those outside of student government and around the school. “She’s like a go-getter. Like if she wants something to happen, she’s going to make it happen, that’s one of her good traits,” stated junior Jordan Lambing.

Williams corroborates this, having stated, “She wants to make the school a better place, so I think she kind of instills that into all of us.”

Not only has Jenkins shown a consideration of others in SGA, but she has carried this trait alongside her throughout all of highschool. 

“I remember one day we were in math class and there was this kid sitting by himself. Me and Adriana, we decided we were going to go sit by him,” explained Lambing. “For the rest of the year we sat next to this kid and he became like a bro.” 

One of the big lessons Jenkins wants to share with the class of 2025 is pulled from her own experience. Jenkins stated, “Don’t slack. Manage your time and prepare for your future.”