The Student News Site of Cape Coral High School

The Seahawk's Eye

The Seahawk's Eye

The Seahawk's Eye

Winter fashion exceed summer standards

Renee Bella

Every year when the season changes, another thing changes along with the weather. It’s simple, but fashion will always change season-round, unless you live in Florida.

It’s like that summer lazy fit with shorts, socks, and sandals, once it changes to winter, outfits will have the same attitude but look better at the same time.

This comes to the statement that winter is by far the best season for fashion regardless of your daily outfit attitude. For example, when it comes to a summer lazy outfit compared to a winter lazy outfit, the winter one will always look better.

There’s nothing better than a laid-back hoodie and sweatpants combination compared to some basketball shorts and mismatched shirts. This concept applies to all attitudes toward fashion, whether you dress decently or don’t care.

It’s based on the fact that during winter, you’re more accessible to other types of clothing compared to summer. 

Not only can you layer clothing, but you can still utilize your summer wardrobe with a twist of a flannel or a hoodie. Which levels up your outfit for the day completely.

The versatility of winter clothing will always beat any other season considering that there are also more options in general. When it comes to any other season’s clothing, you’re typically only limited to clothing that’s breathable.

Breathable clothing includes tank tops, short-sleeved shirts, and mostly shorts. This limits the comfortability of using winter clothing in summertime, meaning you’ll probably feel miserable in the heat of a sweater or hoodie.

Unlike in winter where you can utilize both styles of clothing, there’s typically not a huge toll when using summer clothing in the winter. It’s easy to avoid the cold with a short-sleeve shirt, as all that is needed is to bring a hoodie along on your journey.

Not only that, but you’re also able to accessorize with it if it’s not needed. It’s another addition winter clothing has that makes it the superior fashion season.

Something to note is how winter fashion is more creative than summer fashion in general. With many more types of silhouettes to choose from, brands like Kapital, and H&M can make many different designs that cannot compete with other seasonal clothing.

The same thing goes with many other fashion brands where their normal attire can’t compete with the looks of their winter clothing at all. 

Along with winter clothes using different types of materials such as denim, puffer, and leather, it just looks better overall with different outfits compared to the normal cotton or polyester t-shirts. 

This concept comes into play for pants and shorts as well.

When it comes to designs on shorts, they’re typically corny and don’t match well with any aesthetic at all. However, when pants have some form of design on them such as having a certain wash, rips, or embroidery, they will always end up better to a form of short counterparts.

Overall, winter fashion is far superior to any type of seasonal fashion. Due to its high versatility in materials, designs, and silhouettes, it will forever reign as the fashion king/queen of the seasons.