The Student News Site of Cape Coral High School

The Seahawk's Eye

The Seahawk's Eye

The Seahawk's Eye

Blue is the best color to wear to prom

Every year, most juniors and seniors come together for the grand prom dance. While prom has always been known as a “mature” homecoming, they both share a wide variety of aspects.

This prompts a prom court, dancing to music, and formal or standout attire. Dressing up for prom can be considered one of the most important factors. When students choose a dress, suit, or button-up, there is one key factor that is superior to the rest: the color.

Though there is a wide variety of colors, it’s important to not look stupid in the two years students can attend prom, unless invited as an underclassman. Students can make this mistake for homecoming because they have four years to realize and learn from their mistakes. Prom, however, is a whole different ball game.

There is only one color best fit for prom: blue. It’s not only a fundamental consideration, but it’s one of the safest colors to wear on the big day.

Blue as a color is versatile compared to other colors because with blue, people can both stand out, or stay on the low. This is due to the fact that the many shades of blue can complement the type of mood or appearance that the wearer yearns for.

For example, if the wearer looks to stand out in the crowd, light blue will always pull the job off. Though it might not look the best as an entire outfit, even a hint of light blue as a tie or bowtie provides a nice standout appearance.

Blue will also allow students to pull off a more low-key look while maintaining a standout appearance, compared to an average black and white outfit.

These reasons show blue’s versatility and usage to promote students’ prom look, compared to other colors that make the wearer look outrageously stupid.

While other colors like red or green can be considered the best prom color, they don’t fit the standards that blue fits.

A perfect scenario is red. Red is a great standout color, however, the color can’t bring the low-key factor that blue brings. The concept is that red can’t compete with blue’s versatility. In general, it depends on the type of person a student is.

Typically, students who yearn to stand out will choose a “loud” color, such as light blue or red. But for students who want to maintain a “quiet” outlook, a midnight blue will never fail.

The only color that contests blue the best is green. While green has the versatility of blue, it doesn’t fit everyone completely look-wise.

Any shade of blue can look good on almost anyone, but for green, this may not be the case. Green simply isn’t everyone’s color. It’s easy as it is to look stupid in the color, as it is to look good.

Though there isn’t anything wrong with the color, it feels like green can only be pulled off by a specific demographic, whereas with blue, the demographic is significantly larger when it comes to looking good with the color.

Overall, the best color to wear to prom is blue. Blue contains traits that suit everyone, enabling wearers to pull off the vibe they’re looking for.